Just in case you were as confused as we were to receive emails notifying us of a transfer of services from Uniti Group to Fast Data Communications, we made some enquiries. Here’s our story.
- 22 June 2020 | Email received from Uniti Group:
This email is to advise that Uniti Group Limited trading as ‘Uniti’ has transferred your existing services to Fast Data Communications Pty Limited trading as ‘Uniti’. The will be no change to your services and no action required
- 22 June 2020 | Email received from Fast Data Communications:
This email is to advise that Fast Data Communications Pty Limited trading as Fast Data Communications has received your services from Uniti Group Limited trading as Uniti. The will be no change to your services and no action required.
- 24 June 2020 | Emailed questions to Uniti Support:
- Who or what is Fast Data Communications Pty Limited? Full details of the company and its credentials please.
- Uniti’s relationship with Fast Data Communications?
- Why was this action carried out without consulting with us or obtaining our permission for the transfer?
- Is our privacy protected with this company who no-one seems to have heard of?
- Other relevant information that should have been provided before any action was contemplated
- 25 June 2020 | Email response from Uniti Support: